Frito-Lay Warehouse/Material Handlers are responsible for a variety of warehouse duties. A key component of PepsiCo’s success, Frito-Lay has been making the very best snacks for over 80 years. Classic Lay’s , Cheetos , and Doritos are just a few of the products that you would help us produce in one of our manufacturing facilities. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
We are open 24 hours a day, which means you may not have a typical schedule. As a Full-Time team member, you would work between 40 and 50 hours per week and be eligible to receive full company benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more. Full-Time work schedules may include overtime hours. Part-Time positions may be flexible, averaging between 20 and 25 hours per week.
It’s a physical job! If you have never worked in a warehouse environment before, you should understand that you will be on your feet for 90% – 95% of your shift. It also gets loud and the Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature in our warehouses is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during the course of the workday:
- Load and unload pallets and individual cases to and from trailers, as well as collect empty pallet boards and carry them to storage
- Pick appropriate cases according to order using required technology
- Safely operate a forklift after we provide you training and you obtain certification
- Load trailers via carts or stack cases on the floor of a truck trailer
- Receive and distribute product and assist in weekly product inventory
- General housekeeping and specific sanitation tasks as required (e.g. you may be asked to sweep the floor, help clean a trailer, take out the trash, etc.)
- Lift objects that weigh anywhere between 15 pounds and 50 pounds (i.e. anything from a bowling ball to a twin-size mattress) with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The Frito-Lay Warehouse team comes to us with a wide variety of experiences, usually after honing their skills with prior success in warehouses but also other fast-paced environments. While prior knowledge is always a plus, we are happy to provide thorough training on OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), and FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) regulations.
Whether you are experienced or not, please be sure that you meet the following minimum requirements prior to starting your application:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or lifts to access areas of the plant)
- You are willing and able to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and slippery surfaces
For our top performers, we further invest in you by offering training in the safe operation of a forklift.
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them successful in this position. At a minimum, we expect you to show up because we track attendance closely. Interested and qualify applicant should apply