- Passport requirements/ Right to work in country – Existing right to live and work in Nigeria.
Assessment stage: Short-listing
- Direct contact or managing staff working with children? – Appropriate child protection assurance checks in accordance with British Council policy
- Notes: Some unsocial hours, weekend work and travel may be required where the need arises.
- Graduate level education
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Assessment stage: Shortlisting
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working on programme logistics for an international organization.
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- Experience working with SAP.
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
- Experience of managing fleet of vehicles.
Assessment Stage: Shortlisting
British Council Core Skills
Managing People (Level 1):
- Support people – Provides support to less experienced members of the team and is aware of individual differences. Helps colleagues perform tasks and use systems and processes.
Planning and Organising (Level 1):
- Is Methodical – Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes.
Communicating and Influencing (Level 1):
- Communicates clearly and effectively – Listens to others and expresses self clearly, with grammatical accuracy and awareness of a diverse audience in speaking and writing.
Managing Risk (Level 2):
- Supports a risk management culture – Has track record of identifying and highlighting risks and suggesting mitigating actions.
Assessment Stage: Shortlisting and Interview
British Council Behaviours
- Creating shared purpose (Essential) – Creating energy and clarity so that people want to work purposefully together.
- Being accountable (More demanding) – Putting the needs of the team or British Council ahead of my own.
- Working together (More demanding) – Ensuring that others benefit as well as me.
- Connecting with others (More demanding) – Actively appreciating the needs and concerns of myself and others
- Making it happen (More demanding) – Challenging myself and others to deliver and measure better results.
- Shaping the future (Essential) – Looking for ways in which we can do things better.
Assessment Stage: Interview and Performance Management
Application Closing Date and Time
24th December, 2019 (23:59 UK time)
Interested and qualified applicants should apply